Solomon McCown & Co delivers integrated, strategic communications, public affairs and crisis management services to regional and national clients facing complex, mission-critical issues. We are a PR agency passionate about healthcare PR, crisis communications, nonprofits and corporate work including real estate and financial services.
SM& offers an exciting and dynamic learning environment focused on expanding our interns’ public relations skill-set. We look for interns who are interested in learning more about the intersection of public policy and business, and putting their skills to use helping premiere corporations and non-profit institutions define who they are, earn the recognition they deserve, and protect their reputation. This isn’t an opportunity to do coffee runs; we show our interns the ins and outs of an established public relations firm. Your experience will include seeing first-hand what it takes to pitch the media, generate quality (traditional and digital) media coverage; write news releases; assist with event planning; staff events; and create and monitor social media content. We firmly believe in nurturing potential, and we do that through a fun, positive, and collaborative dynamic that encourages each team member to play at the top of her or his game.
Along with passion, drive and self-motivation, SM& is currently looking for a part-time intern who:
- Has availability three to five days a week from 8:30AM – 5:30PM
- Has prior communications and agency experience
- Has strong writing and communication skills
- Has experience with digital media
- Enjoys working in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Devours the daily news
- Pays close attention to detail
- Had prior internships or office experience in a related industry
- Has some fun while they’re at it!
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.