It can be hard to keep up in today’s ever-evolving digital landscape. As newsfeed algorithms change and social media ad platforms develop, managing multi-faceted, integrated communications strategies across multiple channels can be difficult, especially when in-house teams collaborate with agency partners.
Facebook has provided a useful tool for digital marketers in Business Manager. It’s a tool you can use to organize and track all of your efforts on Facebook, while providing the option to grant access to your partners or colleagues without giving away your whole account. But, as with the introduction to any tool, there are learning curves. Below we’ve answered three of the most common questions we’ve received about it.
- How is Business Manager different from Facebook Ad Manager?
Think of Facebook Business Manager as the umbrella encompassing all of your activities on Facebook. Within Business Manager live the separate Pages and Ad Accounts you manage. Ad Manager is where you can go to view the ads you are running for a particular Page, and track metrics and performance in real time.
- What are the different roles in Facebook Manager?
There are five roles you can assign to a Person you’ve added to your Business Manager account: Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser or Analyst. Each role is granted a specific set of permissions, according to the chart below.
The roles available depend on the account or portion of the account you are granting access to (Business, Page or Ad Account) so be sure to double check when you are granting access. For example, you’d likely give the head of your marketing team Admin access, while your agency of record may only be granted Advertiser or Analyst.
- How do I give my agency access to Business Manager?
One of the most common issues in getting started on Business Manager is adding additional users or profiles to an account. Once you have set up your Business Manager and connected your Pages and Ad Accounts to it, you can add People to specific accounts. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Business Manager account and click, Business Settings in the top right corner.
- From there, click People in the left side column, then Add New People on the top right.
- You can add People to your Business Manager by providing an email address. Decide whether you’d like to add them as a Business Manager Employee or Business Manager Admin by referencing the chart provided.
- You can then assign Pages and Ad Accounts to the person you have just added. Select the Pages and Ad Accounts you wish to grant them access to.
- Finish filling out the fields provided and send the request. The recipient will need to approve the request and click the link in the email provided in order to access the account. You have successfully added your agency to your Business Manager account!